Lax Kw’alaams is looking for a security technician to support all areas of physical security, including alarm systems, surveillance systems, and access control systems.
Job Title: Security Technician
Status: Full time. 35 hours per week, on call as needed
Salary/Hourly: $17.00 to start
Travel: Valid Driver’s License Required. Occasional driving required to job sites and/or remote offices for security system deployments and/or onsite trouble shooting.
Background: By joining our team you will be working with a team of talented technology professionals in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You will be expected to work hard and be accountable, but you will also have the opportunity to learn and use the latest technology and develop new skillsets in your path towards being a security professional.
Job Description: Provides front-line Level 1, helpdesk support for all areas of physical security, including but not limited to alarm systems, surveillance systems and access controls systems.
- Handle user calls, emails and service tickets related to security systems.
- Performs general security systems maintenance and basic trouble shooting. You will need to exercise you good judgement on when to escalate problems to a Senior Security Technician.
- Helps to prepare systems upgrades as required
- Hands on installation and/or troubleshooting, including physical handling of equipment.
- Performs basic end-user training on the installed systems
- Creates services tickets to document issues, resolutions and maintains accurate documentation of security systems
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Keeps all security system information and organizational information confidential at all times for both internal systems and client systems.
- Maintains the high level of safety consciousness at all times when handling equipment.
The application deadline is January 13, 2018.
For any inquiries and to submit your application, this is the contact:
Email Lonnie Mather, at: firstname.lastname@example.org