Lax Kw’alaams Business Development Ltd. has received a limited number of applications for casual employment for Lax Kw’alaams Band members for the International Longshore Workers Union (ILWU).
While we understand there is a lot of interest in these applications, we would like our members to understand the following:
- An application to ILWU is not a guaranteed job
- Workers can expect (at best) 1-2 days per week, and at times, no work at all
- Success is greater for those with a minimum part-time job
- Workers are required to be living in Prince Rupert
- Should an application lead to work, you will be required to start on the log ships
- Work on the log ships is physically demanding
- Members with First Aid, Safety, or Trade related backgrounds may have a higher chance of success
- Those receiving applications will be required to pass medical and possibly other types of exams
Deadline to apply is Monday January 22nd, 2018 at noon
Those Lax Kw’alaams members interested in being considered for an application can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop off their resume in person at the Lax Kw’alaams Business Development office in Prince Rupert – 100 1st Ave East.
Training will be provided on the job.