The Coast Tsimshian Enterprises (CTE) Bursary Program is administered through the Lax Kw’alaams Business Development and Metlakatla Development Corporation, which provides money for Lax Kw’alaams and Metlakatla members to continue their post-secondary studies.
Download the bursary package by following this link: CTE_Bursary Program 2021
COAST TSIMSHIAN ENTERPRISES (CTE) BURSARY
Eight CTE Bursaries of $500.00 each are available to Lax Kw’alaams and Metlakatla members pursuing post secondary education.
The following conditions must be met before this bursary may be granted:
– The candidate must be a Lax Kw’alaams or Metlakatla Band member.
– Eligible applicants must include in their application:
— completed CTE Bursary Program Application 2021-22 (application form linked above), 1-page letter of intent (explaining what their career objectives are), copy of their status card, copy of their registration receipt
– The candidate must be enrolled in a post-secondary institution or trades training program.
– This bursary must be used within 12 months of being awarded. The funds will be dispersed once proof of enrollment has been received by the CTE Bursary program.
– Applicants may be in any year of their studies or apprenticeship.
– Applicants may receive this bursary for up to two consecutive academic years of their program.
Deadline to apply: September 10, 2021
Please send your application, in print or via email, to either:
Lax Kw’alaams Business Development LP
100 1st Ave East
Prince Rupert, BC V8J-1A6
cc: Lisa Girbav
Metlakatla Development Corporation
501 Dunsmuir Street
Prince Rupert, BC V8J-4C3
cc: Tara Leighton
We thank you for your interest in the inaugural year of the CTE Bursary. Only successful applicants will be notified.