Summer Student Positions: Administrative Assistant (2)
See the full job description here: LaxBDL_Administrative Assistant – Job Description 2
Lax Kw’alaams Business Development is currently hiring for 2 Summer Students to provide Administrative Support.
The summer student will provide office and administrative support to the Executive Team. Candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment in a variety of situations. This is a temporary-full time position, Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm for 8 weeks. Wage: $16.00 per hour.
– Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks; manage an active calendar; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging travel plans; providing assistance with printing and faxing as needed; compiling documents for meetings; and recording meeting minutes as necessary.
– Basic bookkeeping tasks; maintaining historical records by filing documents; and entering purchase orders.
– Receive, direct and re-direct communication.
– Work closely and effectively with the management team.
– Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff and safety meetings, and ensures common office areas are kept well maintained and orderly.
– Assists in on-going Employment and Training Database management functions including assisting members in creating, developing and maintaining their client profiles and resumes as needed and ensuring timely posting of information for member training and employment opportunities;
Other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– High attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of different people.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– A team player with the ability to work independently.
– Strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
– Administrative skills with computer proficiency and an aptitude to learn.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– Experience in a similar role, providing reception and/or administrative support, preferably in a First Nations organization
– Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Must be enrolled in a Post-Secondary Institution or accepted into a recognized institution for the Fall Semester
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission focused, results driven and community oriented.
– Acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
– Valid Drivers License (Class 4 or 5 desirable).
– Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all staff. Failure to comply will result in dismissal. Employees are expected to follow all guidelines harmoniously and cooperatively, creating a team approach in their duties for the Corporation’s future success.
HOW TO APPLY
Preference will be given to a Lax Kw’alaams Band Member or persons with strong local Tsimshian knowledge.
Deadline for applications: May 27, 2022
Apply to: Human Resources
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org