The Receptionist/Finance Clerk provides administrative support to the Executive Team and acts as the face of the organization for the public. Candidates will have excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to exercise sound judgment in a variety of situations. This is a temporary-full time position, Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.
Please see the attached PDF for the full job description: LaxBDL_Receptionist – Finance Clerk 2022_v2
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks: managing an active calendar; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; providing assistance with printing and faxing as needed; compiling documents for meetings; and recording meeting minutes as necessary
- Some bookkeeping tasks include maintaining accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions; maintains historical records by filing documents; and entering purchase orders
- Receive, direct and re-direct communication and handle various issues as they arise
- Works closely and effectively with the management team to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with management
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Ensuring common office areas are kept well maintained and orderly
Other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong sense of timeliness, arriving on time, and able to work quickly when necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of different people with varying backgrounds and perspectives
- Able to work with a variety of stakeholders, including membership, contractors, service providers and interrelated offices located on and off reserve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable, proactive and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with conflicting or difficult situations and find appropriate solutions
- A team player with the ability to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills with a high level of responsiveness
- Strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent administrative skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role, providing reception and/or administrative support, preferably in a First Nations organization
- Book keeping experience is an asset
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Experience with record keeping
- Proven experience coordinating schedules and meetings, preparing agendas for meetings, preparing correspondence, and taking minutes
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission focused, results driven and community oriented.
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Valid Drivers License (Class 4 or 5 desirable).
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all staff. Failure to comply will result in dismissal. Employees are expected to follow all guidelines harmoniously and cooperatively, creating a team approach in their duties for the Corporation’s future success.
HOW TO APPLY
Preference will be given to a Lax Kw’alaams First Nation Member or persons with strong local Tsimshian knowledge.
Deadline for applications: February 4, 2022
Apply to: Human Resources
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org